Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward
A brick public house with a tiled roof stands on a street with pedestrians and bicycles in front of it.

The Round of Beef, Fore Hill, Ely c.1930

The Round of Beef, Fore Hill, Ely

History of the Round of Beef

The building was demolished soon after 1930 to provide a wide entrance to the brewery.

A black and white Ordnance Survey map section showing street layouts, building footprints, and the label P.H. for a pub.

Ely OS 1925

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

White Horse, Barton

Red Lion, Stone Bridge House, Stonebridge, Whittlesey

Fountain Inn, Soham

Ely Maltings

Old Brewery Barrel House, Ely

Memories from the Fenland: Life, Work and Community in Cambridgeshire

The Ladder House, Quayside, Ely

1 Victoria Street, Ely

9 – 13 Castlehythe, Station Road, Ely

7 Fore Hill, Ely

35 – 39 Waterside, Ely

43, St Mary’s Street, Ely

Prior’s House, Ely