Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Ely
  • Back Forward
Two women and a small child stand before the entrance of a single-story brick building with dormer windows and a shop sign.

The Wheel, Broad Street, c1900

The Wheel, Broad Street, Ely

History of The Wheel

c. 1900:

William and Melinda Roger, landlords

In the photo, Jessie, Daisy and Ethel Rogers.

The Wheel was a Bailey and Tebbutt’s pub.


c.1935

John Maltman Jackson gave up licence and pub became private house.


House demolished c.1960


1982 New house built

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Ely

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Ely

109 Mill Road, The White Swan (Three Swans)

Three Fishes, 7 East Delph, Whittlesey

1 Station Road/61/30 Hills Road, Great Northern Hotel

7 & 8, The Gallery, Ely

High Flyer Hall, New Barns, Little Barns Farm, Ely

20 Fore Hill, Ely

St Mary’s Lodge, 44 St Mary’s Street, Ely

2 & 4 St Mary’s Street, Ely

St John’s Farm, Hospitals of St Mary Magdalene and St John, Ely

The Great Hall (Bishop’s residence), Ely

Ely Scrapbook

Ely Militia Barracks

1 Victoria Street, Ely