Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A street scene with brick buildings, a person walking in the foreground, two cyclists, and a horse-drawn cart in the distance.

5a Main Street, Littleport c1905 (Cambs Collection)

7 Main Street, Littleport

History of 7 Main Street

On the far right is the harness and saddle shop of Charles Defew.

1911

Charles C Defew, 51, harness maker, b Littleport

Matilda, 49, b Norfolk

Dorothy S, 9, b Littleport

George Cleveland, assistant, 28, harness maker, b Norfolk

A two-story brick building features a red Barber Shop storefront next to the Littleport Bargain Centre under a tiled roof.

7 Main Street Littleport (RGL2025)

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

Marquis of Granby Hotel, Littleport

70 – 72 Victoria Street, Littleport

Victoria Street, Littleport

22 Victoria Street, Littleport

37 & 39 Victoria Street, Littleport

Sandhill Bridge, Littleport

101 Victoria Street, Littleport

2 High Street, Littleport

3 Main Street, Littleport

5 Granby Street, Littleport