Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
Black and white postcard showing a street lined with brick buildings, a horse-drawn carriage, and several figures on bicycles.

Main Street, Littleport c.1905

Main Street, Littleport

History of Main Street

On the left of the featured photo is the house of John Adams. He succeeded Mr Cheesewright as postmaster about 1900. Mr Adams owned the ironmonger’s next door; this had previously belonged to H & J Cutlack. Further away the sign of the Cross Keys pub can be seen; this closed down in 1908. Opposite is the Globe Inn; it was demolished in 1962.

Four men and two women stand outside a brick storefront labeled Secker, with bicycles and produce displayed on the sidewalk.

Main Street, Littleport 1925, Ralph Secker’s shop

This was formerly the Hare and Hounds. In 1969 the licensee was Francis Warner.

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

44 Victoria Street, Littleport

35 Victoria Street, Littleport

Windmill, nr Littleport Station

58 Victoria Street, Littleport

124a Victoria Street, Littleport

5 Main Street, Littleport

Harley Monument, Littleport

Salvation Army Citadel, City Road, Littleport

83 Victoria Street, Littleport

70 – 72 Victoria Street, Littleport