Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Mepal
  • Back Forward

St Mary, Mepal

History of St Mary

Listed Building

Parish church. C13 with restorations of 1849, 1876 and 1905 by Carbe. Field and rubblestone with limestone dressings. … Wall monument on west wall James Fortrey (d.1719), son of Samuel Fortrey, of Fortreys Hall, Byal Fen, in Chatteris parish. James was page of honour to Mary of Modena, Duchess of York and wife of James II. He was also Groom of the Bedchamber to James II.

Tags

  • church
  • Listed building
  • medieval

Projects

  • Mepal

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Mepal

5 High Street, Inglenook, Pampisford

137a & 138 High Street, Huntingdon

The Old Rectory, 1 Church Street, Fen Ditton

School Lane, Mepal

7 New Road, Mepal

Bridge House, Mepal

15 High Street, Mepal

Bridge Road, Mepal

Mepal Scrapbook

Bridge Road nr Three Pickerels, Mepal

Ash Cottage, 2 School Lane, Mepal

Fortrey’s Hall, Mepal

Manor House, Mepal