Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Parson Drove
  • Back Forward
Two-story brick building with twin chimneys beside a road with a directional sign and wooden fencing in a rural landscape.

The Four Horseshoes pub, Throckenholt Parson Drove c1930

Throckenholt, Parson Drove

History of Hermitage

This is the traditional site of the burial of local saint, St Godric, who lived here until his death. It was claimed there had been a hermitage on the site from as early as 1107 and a stone chapel survived at least until c.1540.  No trace remains now.

Tags

  • Public House
  • Religious House

Projects

  • Parson Drove

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Parson Drove

Railway Tavern, Long Stanton

205 Victoria Road, The Blackamoor’s Head, Cambridge

1 Station Road/61/30 Hills Road, Great Northern Hotel

The Church of Emmanual, Parson Drove

Inham Hall, Parson Drove

The Hollies, Parson Drove

Swan Inn, Parson Drove

Sycamore House, Parson Drove

The Chestnuts, Parson Drove

Butcher’s Arms, Parson Drove

Woad Mill, Parson Drove

Parson Drove data

Parson Drove Lock Up (cage)