Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward

Bowling Green, Lynn Road, Wisbech

History of the Bowling Green

Bowling greens became fashionable in England in the 16th cent.

1778 report of lightening strike by the Bowling Green

1846 Robert Mills

1872 Bowling match advertised by J Griffin

1877 A R Betram

1879 George Saddington

1881 Charles Ambrose

1904 Robert Lake

(source: The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

92 Russell Street, The Old Guinea, brewery

Railway Hotel, Whittlesey

Red Lion, Whittlesford Bridge

14 Market Place, Wisbech

Elm Road Crossing tram stop, nr Wisbech

6 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

28 North Brink, Wisbech

The Anchor, 8 Nene Quay, Wisbech

53 Market Place, Wisbech

5, 6, & 7 Market Street, Wisbech

2 Museum Square, Wisbech

Town Park, Wisbech

11 North Brink, Wisbech