Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A brick facade of the Globe Inn features signage for Bullard’s ales, a central door, and two upstairs dormer windows in 1929.

Globe Inn, Market Place, Wisbech, 1929 (Lilian Ream)

Globe Inn, Wisbech

History of the Globe Inn

Established circa 1760.

1792 – 1796 John Hartshorn, victualler

1862 George Everston, 15, from Grimstone, arrived at inn with two swords, three walking sticks and various other unusual items. Landlady called in PC Carrington.

(source: The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Anchor Inn, Hartford

Black Bull, 19 Waterside, Ely

King William IV, The Causeway, Burwell

Wisbech Town Council, Corn Exchange, 1 North Brink

1 York Row, Castle Square, Wisbech

43 & 44 North Brink, Wisbech

1 Chapel Road, The Counting House, Wisbech

Admiral Nelson (Rodney), 16 North Street, Wisbech

28 & 29 Old Market, Wisbech

4 The Crescent, Wisbech

9 & 10 North Street, Wisbech

3 Union Place, Wisbech

Unicorn, West Street, Wisbech