Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

100 Hills Road (39)

History of 100 Hills Road

Archaeological report:

https://library.oxfordarchaeology.com/5392/

Listed building:

II Milestone. Erected in 1731 by Dr William Warren. Stone block inscribed with “1 mile from Great St Mary’s Church Cambridge”. This is the first of a series of milestones that were erected to mark the distances between Cambrige and Haverhill. Dr Warren was a Fellow of Trinity Hall, who was also responsible for erecting a series of 16 milestones on the old road to London.

…………………….

1861

(uninhabited)


1871

John Hall, 48, b Cambridge, book publisher, b Cambridge

Alice, 37, b Ely

May, 6, b Cambridge

Amelia Lee, niece, 16, b Ely

Florence Lee, niece, visitor, 1, b Ely

Ellen Atkin, mother in law, 63, visitor, b Ely


1881

(39)

William Flitton, 62, widower, corn miller, b beds

Florence E, 23, housekeeper, b Meldreth

Hannah French, visitor, 51, b Northumberland

Sarah Warren, servant, 20, b Ickleton

1891

(vacant)

1913

Eastern District Telegraph Engineers’ Office and Stores

J F Lamb, superintending engineer P.O.telegraph

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.