Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Bluntisham
  • Back Forward
A village street scene in Bluntisham showing a brick building with a small roofed memorial structure on four posts in front.

Block Hill Bluntisham with barograph memorial

Barograph Memorial, Block Hill, High Street, Bluntisham

History of the Barograph Monument

Listed Building:

At junction with East Street, open shelter. Inscription: ‘Erected in Memory of Charles Prentice and Mary Goodman Tebbutt by their son Louis 1911’.

Block Hill was the centre of commercial activity in the village, as well as the location for the Bluntisham Feast commemorating  St Ethelreda.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Bluntisham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bluntisham

74 High Street, The Hoops, Bassingbourn

Egremont House, Ely

9, 11 & 13 Water Lane, Impington

Holmefields, 16 High Street, Bluntisham

Rose Cottage, 17 Woodend, Bluntisham

2 Colne Road, Bluntisham

26 High Street, Bluntisham

Stapenhill, 18 High Street, Bluntisham

Main Street, Bluntisham

The Gables, 4 Colne Road, Bluntisham

59 & 59a Woodend, Bluntisham

The Saracens, 23 Woodend, Bluntisham

Brownshill Staunch, Bluntisham