Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Eaton Socon
  • Back Forward

Bell Farm, Little End, Eaton Socon

History of Bell Farm

This was the site of an earlier Bell Public House. The Bell public house was listed in the 1799 Inclosure Award under the name William Fowler the Elder. Anecdotal evidence has suggested it may date back to 1608 but the external appearance does not evidence that. It was sold to John Day, a brewer, in 1814. In 1840, Day sold it and it became a farm, Bell Farm. It was sold again in 1854.

1881 Bell Farm

William Marshall, 42, farmer of 42 acres employing 2 labourer and 1 boy, b Beds

Naomi, 38, b Birmingham

Anna E, 11, b Eynesbury

Herbert A, 9, b Eynesbury

Arthur W, 7, b Eaton Socon

Ellen L, 5, b Eaton Socon

Florence A, 3, b Eaton Socon

Clara G, 5 mos, b Eaton Socon

Elizabeth Baster, 15, servant, b Hail Weston

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Eaton Socon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Eaton Socon

23, Dolphin Lane, Carriers, Melbourn

The Anchor, Burwell

19 Northampton Street, The Borough Boy, St Giles Parish workhouse

153 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

111 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

160 & 162 St Neots Road, Eaton Socon

204 & 206 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

The Old Sun Inn, Great North Road, Eaton Socon

The Lock Up, School Lane, Eaton Socon

36 Ackerman Street, Eaton Socon

The George and Dragon Inn, 267 Great North Road, Eaton Socon

166 & 168 St Neots Road, Eaton Socon

134 Great North Road, Eaton Socon