Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Fenstanton
  • Back Forward

Literary Institute, Hall Green Lane, Fenstanton

History of the Literary Institute

The Literary Institute was built by Thomas Coote in 1857 and rebuilt in 1880. It was later taken over by the Fenstanton Boy Scouts.

1914 – 1915 soldiers billeted here.

Tags

  • world war one

Projects

  • Fenstanton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Fenstanton

40, Denver House, Carlyle Road

Morley’s Cottages, Russell Street

Rustat Road, Cambridge

Steam Mill, Low Road, St Ives

Hilton Road pedestrian underpass, Fenstanton

6 Church Lane, Fenstanton

Church Street / Church End, Fenstanton

Providence Place, 7 Church Street, Fenstanton

Dove Cottage, Chequer Street, Fenstanton

The Elms, 9 Talls Lane, Fenstanton

Brewer’s Arms, High Street, Fenstanton

17 High Street, Fenstanton

The Royal Oak, 16 & 18 Honey Hill, Fenstanton