Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Fenstanton
  • Back Forward
A row of old, light-colored buildings with tiled roofs and several chimneys viewed from a gravel road in Fenstanton.

Bell Beerhouse, Bell Lane, Fenstanton

The Bell Beerhouse, Bell Lane, Fenstanton

History of The Bell Beerhouse

The pub was demolished in 1969.

1901

James Gatward, 68, publican, b Elsworth

Annie, daughter, 32, housekeeper, b Needingworth


Charles Hunt, baker


Charles Hunt, grandson of above, one prizes for his bread. Business closed in 1984.

Projects

  • Fenstanton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Fenstanton

King William IV, 1 & 3 High Street, Fenstanton

Hall Green farm, Low Road, Fenstanton

Apple Acre, 6 Church Street, Fenstanton

The Crown / Crown and Pipes, High Street, Fenstanton

School, Church Centre, School Lane, Fenstanton

Oakland, Oaklands, House & Oakley Lodge, Fenstanton

Manor House, Cambridge Road, Fenstanton

Clover Cottage, 3 Talls Lane, Fenstanton

Slepey Cottage, 23 Honey Hill, Fenstanton

The Lindons / Ladybird Nursery, High Street, Fenstanton