Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Holywell cum Needingworth
  • Back Forward
A flat ferry boat rests on a river near a large two-story house surrounded by trees and tall grasses in this black-and-white.

Ferry at Overcote, taken in late 1920s (Alan Lee Swavesey collection) Ferry operated until late 1940s and enabled short cut to St Ives. Pub opposite is Pike and Eel.

Overcote Ferry, Needingworth

History of Overcote Ferry

Detail from an 1885 Ordnance Survey map showing the River Great Ouse, the Pike and Eel pub, and the site of Overcote Ferry.

Overcote Ferry OS 1885

Projects

  • Holywell cum Needingworth

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Holywell cum Needingworth

Cob Loaves, High Street, Needingworth

Langham House, 62 High Street, Needingworth

Reed Cottage, High Street, Holywell cum Needingworth

Brownlow’s Field, Needingworth Road, Holywell

Holywell cum Needingworth Primary School

Hill Farmhouse, The Front, Holywell

Institute, Church Street, Needingworth

55 High Street, Needingworth

Captain Edward’s Bike Shop, High Street, Needingworth

The Pantiles, Back Lane, Holywell