Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Warboys
  • Back Forward
A row of cottages stands beside a dirt road and a triple-headed lamp post, with a windmill visible in the distance.

Mill Green Warboys

The Weir, Mill Green, Warboys

History of Mill Green

The photo shows the pond, the Weir, in Warboys, as well as the windmill, later demolished. The lamp was erected in 1897 for the Diamond Jubilee. It gradually sank into the ground but was refurbished in 2000.

A large crowd gathers along a fenced bank to watch a woman in a white dress and a man in a dark suit standing in the water.

Baptism in the Weir, Warboys

(Huntingdonshire Through Time, Akeroyd an Clifford)

Tags

  • Baptist
  • windmill

Projects

  • Warboys

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Warboys

Fordham Windmill, Barrow Field, Fordham

The Baptist Chapel, Isleham Fen

Leach’s Mill, Lynn Road, Wisbech

Warboys Baptist Church

Rowells Farm, Tick Fen, Warboys

Warboys Scrapbook

White Hart, Warboys

Red Lion, 16 High Street, Warboys

St Mary Magdalene, Warboys

Methodist Chapel, Warboys

85 High Street, Warboys