Search by topic
Search by text
26 Millington Road
History of 26 Millington Road
1934. By Marshall Sisson for Prof.A J B Wace. Whitewashed rendered brick with flat roofs, part parapeted and forming a terrace complete with pergola. Rendered central and rear stacks. International Modern style with several porthole windows a feature. 2 storeys with 3 storeys to rear. 5-window range of casements arranged 3 and 2. Similar casements in rows on side elevations where also doors and on right side a simple porte cochere with the projecting staircase bay behind. Rear is a storey higher and has a similar row of casements on the second floor. Integral garage to right of this front projects forward. INTERIOR: remains remarkably unaltered and retains original staircase and doors as well as austere stone fireplaces and light fittings.
Alan John Bayard Wace, archaeologist