Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Barton
  • Back Forward

Deadman’s Hill, Barton

Roman barrow

C. Fox (1923) describes a destroyed Roman barrow at approx. this location.It was examined in 1909 and numerous  Roman remains were found. (Archaeology of the Cambridge Region p. 196)

Tags

  • archaeology
  • Roman

Projects

  • Barton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Barton

Romano-British settlement, Eynesbury

100 Hills Road (39)

M11 – archaeological assessment of the widening programme

Hey Hill, Barton

65 & 67 Wimpole Road, Barton

Thatched Cottage, 31 New Road, Barton

White Horse, Barton

Pryors Hold, 7 Comberton Road, Barton

39 New Road, Barton

Barton Baptist Chapel

2 Haslingfield Road, Birds Farmhouse, Barton

The Vatches, 1 Comberton Road, Barton

Old Farmhouse, 61 High Street, Barton