Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
A two-story, L-shaped building with a tiled roof, small windows, and a hanging pub sign on the corner of the structure.

The Chequers, Gamlingay c.1928

10 Mill Street, The Chequers, Gamlingay

History of the Chequers

An 1886 Ordnance Survey map fragment shows plots, roads, and building footprints in pink and grey, labeling Chequers Inn.

Gamlingay OS map 1886

1755

Thomas Jeakins publican

1898

A fire broke out at the back of the pub adjoining the wood stores of Thomas Cox. (CDN 16.3.1898)

1928

Closed and became residential property

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

38 Mill Street, Gamlingay

Tudor House, 47 Church Street, Gamlingay

Avenells Farmhouse, Church Street, Gamlingay

20, 22, 24, 26 Church Street, Gamlingay

Church End, Gamlingay

Church Street, Gamlingay

47 Mill Street, Gamlingay

Hardwicke Arms, 1 Church Street, Gamlingay

Windmill, Mill Hill, Gamlingay

National Board School, Gamlingay