Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
Ornate plaster ceiling detail featuring a winged cherub holding a bow inside an oval floral wreath surrounded by scrollwork.

Havelock House, Gamlingay, ceiling prob. by Henry Doogood, 1688 (RCHM)

Havelock House, 1 Mill Street, Gamlingay

History of Havelock House

Listed Building

House. 1688, refronted late C18 or early C19. … It seems likely that the house was built and the plasterwork undertaken for Nicholas Apthorp who in the late C17 is known to have had a substantial landholding in Gamlingay. (Historic England)

Plaster relief carving featuring a central cherub, leafy floral borders, and the carved initials NA beneath a decorative frieze.

Havelock Houe, Gamlingay, 1688 (RCHM)

A stone plaque featuring a central carved face surrounded by scrolls, with the letters A, N, and G incised below.

Gamlingay, Havelock House, brick panel 1688 (RCHM)

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

65 & 67 Wimpole Road, Barton

Barn south of Dullingham House

All Saints church, Harston

74, 76 & 78 Church Street, Gamlingay

Hardwicke Arms, 1 Church Street, Gamlingay

Almhouses / Almshouses, 42 – 60 Church Street, Gamlingay

Live and Let Live, Everton Road, Gamlingay

Gamlingay

Gamlingay Station

3 Stocks Lane, Gamlingay

4 Church End, Gamlingay

Wrights sawmill, 33 Green End, Gamlingay

27 Church End, Gamlingay