Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
A row of long, low brick almshouses with tiled roofs, leaded windows, and a white statue mounted on the exterior wall.

Almshouses built 1665 for Sir John Jacob, Gamlingay

Almhouses / Almshouses, 42 – 60 Church Street, Gamlingay

History of Almhouses

Listed Building

Terrace of ten almshouses. 1665. Red brick, Flemish bond. … The almshouses were built with an endowment from Sir John Jacob. (Historic England)

 

Tags

  • Almshouse
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

14, 15, 16 Parker Street

The Thatches, London Road, Dullingham

Three Chimneys, 38 High Street, Brampton

1 Church End, Gamlingay

47 Mill Street, Gamlingay

The Old Manse, 57 Mill Street, Gamlingay

36 Church Street, Gamlingay

63, 65, 67, 69 Church Street, Gamlingay

Jasmine Cottage, 5 & 7 Church End, Gamlingay

1 Stocks Lane, Gamlingay

11 Church Street, Gamlingay

28 Church Street, Gamlingay

Charnock House, Church Street, Gamlingay