Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
A quiet street scene with a brick building on the left, a long cottage with dormer windows on the right, and a figure ahead.

War widows cottages, Mill Street, Gamlingay, 1924

War Widows cottages, Worboys Garage, Mill Street, Gamlingay

History of cottages in Mill Street

The war widows cottages were burned down by a firework in 1928. The site was later occupied by Warboys Garage.

Tags

  • Almshouse

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

17 (9) Shelly Row

Perse Almshouses, 1 – 6 Newnham Road

Queens’ College Almshouses, Silver Street

2 Mill Street, Gamlingay

Almhouses / Almshouses, 42 – 60 Church Street, Gamlingay

Old Meeting Chapel, Baptist Chapel, Stocks Lane, Gamlingay

21 Church End, Gamlingay

The Old Manse, 57 Mill Street, Gamlingay

70 & 72 Church Street, Gamlingay

4 Church End, Gamlingay

6 Church End, Gamlingay

Garage, Pit Corner, Gamlingay

20, 22, 24, 26 Church Street, Gamlingay