Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Great Shelford
  • Back Forward
Four people stand before a brick building with a Royston Fine Ales sign, flanked by two vintage motorcycles on a gravel path.

Black Swan, 1920s, with Golding family (Cambs Collection)

Black Swan, Church Street, Great Shelford

History of the Black Swan

Known by locals as ‘The Mucky Duck’.

1920s Charles Golding landlord

Demolished in favour of the Peacock next door.

A black and white Ordnance Survey map detail showing buildings, roads, the word School, and a public house marked as P.H.

Great Shelford OS 1901

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Great Shelford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Great Shelford

147 (119) High Street, King’s Head, Cottenham

53 (71)(70) (The County Arms) Castle Street, Cambridge

The Fox, Great North Road, Bourn

Granhams Farm, Great Shelford

Tunstall Villas, 32 & 34, Woollards Lane, Great Shelford

20 High Street, Great Shelford

28 High Street, Great Shelford

Malyons, 15 High Green, Great Shelford

34 High Street, Great Shelford

Carlton House, Great Shelford

Site W of White Hill Farm

56 High Street, Great Shelford

The Manse, 27 High Street, Great Shelford