Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Haslingfield
  • Back Forward
A white, timber-framed cottage with a red tiled roof, a prominent brick chimney, and two gabled dormer windows.

44 Church Street, Haslingfield

44 Church Street, (Daintry’s Inn, Carpenter’s Arms) Haslingfield

History of 44 Church Street

This timbered building was converted into a beer house for the coprolite miners and was known as Daintry’s Inn. Daintry was a saddler next door who provided a twice weekly horse and fly service to Cambridge.

In 1901 the building was altered and renamed the Carpenter’s Arms. It was then taken over by the builders Wisbeys until they moved to The Maltings in 1926.

(Walk and Look  Around Haslingfield pub 1994).

Tags

  • coprolite
  • Public House

Projects

  • Haslingfield

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Haslingfield

Andover Arms, Dover House, Nene Parade, Wisbech

Golden Ball, 90 High Street, Bottisham

Three Horseshoes, Comberton

Spring Cottage, 121 New Road, Haslingfield

74 & 76 High Street, Pear Tree Cottages, Haslingfield

Village Green, Haslingfield

24 – 26 Cantelupe Road, Haslingfield

Dovecote, 29 High Street, Haslingfield

Glebe Cottage, 3 High Street, Haslingfield

River Farmhouse, Haslingfield

72 New Road, The Orchards, Haslingfield

2, Barton Road, Haslingfield

Bushel and Strike / Village Store, Haslingfield