Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Church Street / Church End, Long Stanton

History of houses in Church Street

1871: Church End. [There is some confusion with the various ‘Church ….. ‘ roads in the two Long Stanton parishes. In the 1871 census it seems that ‘Church End’ is proximate to the vicarage of All Saints Church. Therefore it seems likely that this is the same as ‘Church Lane’ on the 1885 ordnance survey map and Church Street on later censuses.

Mary Phillip, 77, ag.lab.widow, b Ickleton

 

Rebecca Abbs, 54, ag.lab.widow., b Long Stanton

 

Henry Townsend, 4, farrier, b Long Stanton

 

William Colliss, 80, ag.lab., b Grantchester

 

James Abbs, 49, ag.lab., b Long Stanton

 

Sophia Doggett, 60, farmer of 80 acres emploing 4 men 1 boy, b Impington

 

William Abbs, 39, ag.lab., b Long Stanton

 

William Cook, 38, ag.lab., b Long Stanton

 

………………….

1891: High Street

John James Townsend, 36, veterinary surgeon

1901:

John James Townsend, 47, veterinary surgeon, b Long Stanton

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.