Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Melbourn
  • Back Forward

37 Station Road, Mill Cottage, Melbourn

History of 37 Station Road

Listed building:

Mill House. C18 with small mid C20 extension at the west end. Timber framed, lathe and plaster rendered with tiled, gabled roof and original red brick end stack.

The mill house is associated with Sheene Mill, recorded in Domesday, but the present building is C18. In 1842 it was owned by Ann Fitch and occupied by George Charter.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Melbourn

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Melbourn

Croxton Park

Cherry Trees, South Street, Litlington

Sawston Hall

14 Mortlock Street, Melbourn

Bowl Barrow on Goffers Knoll

The White Lion, Melbourn

Glebe House, 38 High Street, Melbourn

96 High Street, Tollgate Cottage, Melbourn

8 Mortlock Street, Melcam, Melbourn

Old Vicarage, Melbourn

TTP, Melbourn Science Park

Old Cottage, Rose Lane, Melbourn

129 High Street, Melbourn