Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward
A curving road leads past a two-story stone house on the right, with bare trees, fields, and a utility pole in the distance.

Chain House, Over

Chain House, Over

History of Chain House

Chain House features in  E G Papworth’s “The Quartet” (1995).

Three people in two small rowboats navigate floodwaters, observed by two people standing on a submerged bank in the foreground.

1947 floods from Chain House bridge, Over

 

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

Victoria House, 25 High Street, Over

The Exhibition, 1 King Street (Duke of Cumberland Street), Over

Hemington’s Red House, 13 High Street, Over

Furtherwick House, Albany House, 14 & 16 Fen End, Over

Over Data

2 West Street, Over

Albion Villa, 6 Church End, Over

8, Church End, Over

The Vicarage, 4 Church End, Over

68, High Street, Over