Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward

The Red Lion, The Taverners, West Street, Over

History of the Red Lion

Black and white Ordnance Survey map segment showing the Red Lion public house, plot numbers, and street layouts in Over.

Red Lion Over OS 1924

The pub was known as “Up The Stepas’ or “Aunt Emma’s” (Mrs E Robinson) who kept it for many years.

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

56 High Street, Old Bakery, Over

The Lordship’s Green, Over

Hemington’s Red House, 13 High Street, Over

34 West Street, Over

Alma House, 37 High Street, Over

Glywood, 36 Longstanton Road, Over

The Glover’s House, 30 Glover Street (Meeting House Lane), Over

45 High Street, Over

St Mary’s church, Over

Baptist Church, New Road, Over