Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward
Two tall white buildings with gabled roofs and brick chimneys stand under a cloudy sky next to a smaller side extension.

Furtherwick House, Over (RGL2025)

Furtherwick House, Albany House, 14 & 16 Fen End, Over

History of Furtherwick House

Listed Building

House, late C17 and C20 alterations. (Historic England)

E G Papworth in A Walk Round the Village of Over refers to this property as Albany House. She describes it as central-hall type farmhouse with a history as far back as 1580/90. It was occupied by Thomas Cowell in 1597; it was sold as a double tenement in 1908 for £408.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

13 Parker Street

The Queen’s Hall (Headmaster’s House), Ely

Tickell Arms (Waggon and Horses), 1 North Road, Whittlesford

36 West Street, Over

Chain House, Over

Baptist Church, New Road, Over

13 Church End, Over

Live and Let Live, King Street, Over

34 West Street, Over

43 High Street, Over

Alma House, 37 High Street, Over

Town Hall, High Street, Over

45 High Street, Over