Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Over
  • Back Forward

The Lordship’s Green, Over

History of The Lordship's Green

In 1837 this area of 4 acres was set aside as an “Allotment for the recreation of the Poor” and cannot be fenced. Trees were planted in 1902 to celebrate the coronation of Edward VII. There used to be a large pond on the north corner known as Green Pond.

Projects

  • Over

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Over

Jonas Smith’s Shop, 32 West Street, Over

48 Fen End, Over

Cottages near church, Over

46 Fen End, Over

The Exhibition, 1 King Street (Duke of Cumberland Street), Over

20 & 22 West Street, Over

Church Farmhouse, 2 Horse Ware, Over

The Vicarage, 4 Church End, Over

Victoria House, 25 High Street, Over

Alma House, 37 High Street, Over