Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

5 Station Road, Church End, High Street, Swavesey

History of 5 Station Road

1871: High Street

John Netherwood, 50, widower, bricklayer, b Swavesey

Charles, 20, bricklayer, b Swavesey

John, 16, bricklayer,

Read, 12, b Swavesey

Mary Ann Coote, 23, housekeeper, b Hunts

…………

1881:

Elizabeth Allen, widow, 56, annuitant, b Lolworth

Mary Ivitt, sister, 54, annuitant, b Lolworth

………..

1891:

Ann Ivitt, 67, living on her own means, b Lolworth

Elizabeth Allen, sister, widow, 69, living on her own means, b Lolworth

Susan Francis, lodger, 73, living on her own means, b Childerley

……….

1901:

Robert Collen, 48, mechanical engineer, b Soham

Elizabeth, 41, b Soham

……….

1911:

Joseph Gillings, 86. widower, old age pensioner, b Swavesey

………..

1913:

Mr. Rowcliffe’s house was destroyed, with old cottages, tenanted by Miss Rebecca Thorp and Gillings.

No.5 was built on the site of a cottage that burned down in the great fire of 1913. It was built by Robinson Mitham for Albert Parish, coal merchant.

No 5 Station Road, Swavesey.. Description

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.