Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Toft
  • Back Forward

Toft Manor, Church Road, Toft

History of Toft Manor

Listed Building

House, formerly the rectory. 1844. By S.W. Dawkes for E.A. Powell, rector 1843-94. (Historic England)

The house is a Grade II Listed Building. Built of flint with stone dressings it was constructed as a Parsonage in 1845 by Samuel Whitfield Dawkes who was clearly inspired by the early work of Pugin.


Grieve MacFarlene was a significant figure in the history of the  5th Cambridge Scouts. He was offered the Silver Wolf in recognition of his services to Scouting but declined. (Cambridge Scout records)

Tags

  • Listed building
  • Scouting

Projects

  • Toft

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Toft

28 North End, Park Cottage, Bassingbourn

Key Cottage, 70 High Street, Meldreth

12 Tennis Court Road

122 & 124 Caxton End, Eltisley

26 – 32 High Street, Toft

Providence Cottage, 9 Brookside, Toft

St Andrew, Toft

The Mount, High Street, Toft

Manor Cottage, Church Road, Toft

Brookside, Toft

Old Farm Farmhouse, Comberton Road, Toft

The Firs, 64 High Street, Toft

61 High Street, Toft