Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Queen Edith's Cambridge
  • /
  • Hills Road (South)
  • Back Forward
A two-story, white-rendered house with a brown tiled roof sits behind a gravel driveway, partially obscured by lush green trees.

294 Hills Road (RGL 2016)

294 Hills Road, Cambridge

History of 294 Hills Road

This house was built in 1930 on land owned by Trinity College. During World War Two the house was occupied by the American Red Cross and there was a large air raid shelter of reinforced concrete in the garden at the back of the house.

Sources: Cambridge News (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Tags

  • world war two

Projects

  • Hills Road (South)

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hills Road (South)

112 Broad Street, Ely

167, Bahia Cottage, Gwydir Street

17 Highworth Avenue

213 Hills Road, Homelands, Cambridge

144 Hills Road, Bridge House, Cambridge

157 Hills Road

165 Hills Road, Hawthorn Dene [Hawthorndene], Cambridge

Roman Camp, Cambridge

167 Hills Road, Lansdowne Road, Cambridge

155 Hills Road

King and Harper, The Marque, Cambridge

167/9 Hills Road (Lansdowne/Bemerton) – Helen Hotel, Cambridge

263 Hills Road, The Milestone, Cambridge