Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Queen Edith's Cambridge
  • /
  • Luard Road
  • Back Forward
Heraldic shield with a red chevron and three red roses on white, and a red chief containing a yellow lion and two open books.

CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org

16 Luard Road, Trinity College Farm, Cambridge

History of Trinity College Farm

1843

Romilly records in his diary (13.7.1843):

The Trinity College farm (on the Hills Road) set fire to and a large quantity of wheat consumed: no doubt it was the act of an incendiary.

Editor’s note: The farm was under lease to Col. Pemberton.


1911

Harry Cole, 36, cow man, born Cambridge

Rose Cole, 38, born Stapleford

Arthur Cole, 8, born Cambridge

Ethreda Cole, 6, born Cambridge

Ernest Cole, 3, born Gt Eversden


1911

Harry Marshall 38, farm bailiff, born Suffolk

Ellen Marshall, 36, born Suffolk

Dorothy Ellen, 11, born Trumpington

Albert, 9, born Gt Wilbraham

Harry, 2, born Trumpington


1935

(Trinity Fram, 16 Luard Road)

Mrs H Marshall

 

 

Tags

  • farming
  • work

Projects

  • Luard Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Luard Road

70 Rock Road, Allensdale, Cambridge

12 Hartington Grove, (5), (5 Shelford Terrace), Cambridge

81 Cherry Hinton Road, Hazelmere/Haslemere

29 Luard Road, Deanston

The Great War in St John’s Parish: Luard Road

33 Luard Road, Mahala

20 Luard Road, Pawnee

9 Luard Road, Newlands/Red House?, Cambridge

25 Luard Road, Cartreple

21 Luard Road, Wayside

19 Luard Road, Silverdale

27 Luard Road, Collinwood

4 Luard Road, Southdene