Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Romsey Town Cambridge
  • /
  • Madras Road
  • Back Forward
The facade of two yellow brick houses with arched red brick lintels, white window frames, and two distinct front doors.

23 & 25 Madras Road

25 Madras Road

History of 25 Madras Road

Nos 23 & 25: in April 1901 an application to the Borough to build two houses was submitted by R. Bausor, architect of 46 Mawson Road, acting for George Willis of 198 Mill Road. According to Spalding’s street directories, both No. 23 and 25 were rented out by around 1902/03.

Two architectural drawings on aged paper showing a building elevation, section, and floor plans for houses on Madras Road.

23 & 25 madras Road, building plans


1935

Alfred J Whitehead, ticket collector


1951

Alfred J Whitehead


1962

Alfred J Whitehead

Projects

  • Madras Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Madras Road

20 Madras Road

14 Madras Road

23 Madras Road

19 Madras Road

26 Madras Road

18 Madras Road

24 Madras Road, Cambridge

13 Madras Road

28 Madras Road

36 Madras Road