Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Castle Cambridge
  • /
  • Pound Hill
  • Back Forward
A section of an 18th-century map showing the area of Pound Green, featuring street layouts, small buildings, and trees.

Pound Green, Custance map of Cambridge, 1798

Cattle Market, Pound Hill

History of Pound Hill

1842 7th June the Council ordered ‘that the Cattle Market formerly held on St Andrew’s Hill, otherwise Hog Hill, should on Saturday 18th June, and on every succeeding Saturday, be held at Pound Hill, in the parish of St Giles.’ (Romilly Diary Sept 1842, editor’s note)

Projects

  • Pound Hill

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Pound Hill

SS Giles’ and Peter’s Boys School

2 Pound Hill

5 Pound Hill

8 Pound Hill / Eve Waldron Design

New Free School / SS Giles’ and Peter’s Girls School / Pound Hill School

1 Pound Hill

Castle End Mission / Castle End Working Men’s Institute / Morning School / Chinese Church

3 Pound Hill, Nag’s Head, Rose and Crown, The Punter, Cambridge

Pound Hill – Mapping Relief