Search by topic
Search by text
Magdalene Street / Chesterton Lane junction (Cambridgeshire Collection)
Chesterton Lane Corner House, Three Swans
History of Chesterton Lane Corner House
Mike Petty (Facebook) notes:
The east side of Magdalene Street saw major change with the demolition of old properties at the corner of Chesterton Lane and the erection of Benson Hall.
W.F. Turner reported: Chesterton Lane Corner house was at one time called the Three Swans and kept by Albert Pointer, it was afterwards a saddler’s shop kept by Mr Bennett. The inn next door was the King’s Head and here the Cambridge Boxing Club was first formed. The road then was about half its present width. [W.F. Turner Old Cambridge – CIP 19th November 1929]