Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Market Street
  • Back Forward
Stone church with a crenellated roof and slender spire behind two red telephone boxes, with people visible in the foreground.

Holy Trinity Cambridge

Holy Trinity

History of Holy Trinity Cambridge

Accounts of Saint Katherine’s Guild at Holy Trinity Church, Cambridge 1514-1537, by Mary Siraut, proceedings of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society, 1977.

St Katherine was a popular guild patron and there were no fewer than five guilds of St Katherine in the borough of Cambridge.

General information about Holy Trinity can be found in Wikipedia.


1901

A church spire under construction surrounded by a tall wooden scaffold, with silhouettes of people standing on the platforms.

Holy Trinity Church spire c.1901 during rebuilding (Mike Petty Fenland History). Photo by H Pain.


1930s – 1950s

HQ of 22nd Cambridge Holy Trinity Scout troop

……………..

Tags

  • Boy Scouts
  • church
  • Church of England
  • Scouting

Projects

  • Market Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Market Street

St Mary, Comberton

Warboys Baptist Church

St Etheldreda, Coldham

16 Market Street

11 Market Street

19 – 20 Market Street

9 Market Street

Henry Martyn Hall, Market Street, Cambridge

17 Market Street, The Angel

1 Market Street

12 – 13 Market Street

Eaden Lilley, Market Street, Cambridge

The Angel Inn, Market Street