Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Trinity Street
  • Back Forward
Red brick facade of 36 Trinity Street with three gables, white sash windows, and shopfronts for Up & Running and a retailer.

36 Trinity Street

History of 36 Trinity Street

1861

John Smith, 53, chemist and druggist, b Peterborough

1891

Susan Smith, 85, widow of retired druggist, b Cambridge

Jane, 50, b Cambridge

Sarah Thompson, servant, 23, b Haslingfield

Daniel Middleton, 15, servant, b Cambridge

John Henry Leech ran the chemist’s shop from 1891 to October 1912. He married in 1898 and moved into 49 Glisson Road.

See Mill Road Cemetery entry

1901

1911

James Brutnell, 54, joiner, b Leics

Emily, 56, b Cambs

Thomas, 25, b Cambs, nervous depression

Leonard, 24, gas fitter, b Cambridge

Minnie, 16, b Cambs

1913

Walter F Turner, dispensing chemist, optician and photographic dealer

A vintage 1936 advertisement for Turners of Trinity Street photographic and radio store, featuring text and a small logo.

1936, Blue Book

Projects

  • Trinity Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Trinity Street

Angel Court, Trinity College

5-6 Trinity Street

Le Foule Lane / Kings Childer Lane / Conduit

30 Trinity Street

23 Trinity Street, Cambridge

24 Trinity Street

St Michael’s Court, Gonville & Caius College

Trinity College, Cambridge

38 Trinity Street

33 Trinity Street