Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

17 Trumpington Street, St Bonaventure’s priory

History of 17 Trumpington Street

Royal Commission Survey of Cambridge 1959: built early in the 19th century and has an unusual entrance doorway.

1913:

Henry Buckley Roderick, surgeon to Borough Police Force and University Demonstrator in Surgery.

H B Roderick’s obituary can be found here:

https://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC2026668&blobtype=pdf

He developed a particular interest in military medicine and was from 1908 – 1914 commanding officer of the medical continent of the Officer Training Corps at Cambridge. In 1914 he became a major at the First Eastern General Hospital and then went to France in 1917 as lieutenant-colonel commanding the 55th General Hospital. He was twice mentioned in dispatches and was awarded the O.B.E. On his returned he was appointed honorary surgeon to Addenbrookes Hospital.

1962:

(16-17) St Bonaventure’s Franciscan Friary

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.