Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

26 Hurst Park Avenue, Mill Cottage and Mill House

History of Mill Cottage

A website devoted to the history of the Hurst Park Estate can he found here:

https://hpehistory.wordpress.com

…………..

In the 19th century the mill at this location was owned by William French; it was served by a track from Milton Road.

There is a detailed history of the mill here:

The mill and surrounding land

…………

1913:

William Blackwell

……….

1901:

(Mill House)

Edmund Burton, land agent

Sarah Burton

(French’s Mill House)

Baker family

……….

(Mill House)

Baker family

(Mill Cottage)

William Blackwell, butcher’s horse-keeper and gromm

Emma Blackwell, three children and mother Elizabeth

…………

1925:

In this year the mill is disused and was used as a store for a slaughterhouse next door.

…………..

1939: (Mill Cottage)

Doris E Rawlinson, b 1907

?

?

?

?

Amy A Ruse, b 1899, bed maker at college

Thomas Course, b 1885, painter and house decorator

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.