Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Little Thetford
  • Back Forward

Three Horseshoes, Little Thetford

History of the Three Horseshoes

A section of a black and white Ordinance Survey map from 1901 showing street layouts, property lines, and labels like P.H.

Little Thetford, OS 1901

The Cambridge Daily News reported 6.11.1930 that there was a big blaze in the village, a large six-roomed thatched house built in 1930 being totally destroyed … but for the efforts of villagers similar large thatched houses nearby would have been involved. The ‘Three Horse Shoes’ public house opposite was plied with ladders and a chain of buckets formed and water thrown on the thatched roof to stop a possible outbreak there. The cause is a mystery.

Tags

  • fire

Projects

  • Little Thetford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Little Thetford

23 Telegraph Street, (Watson’s Lane) (Back Lane), Wesleyan Chapel

Fire Station, Cottenham

Grantchester watermill

Horseshoes, 2 Green Hill, Little Thetford

St George, Little Thetford

Fish and Duck, Little Thetford

The Old Post Office, 4 Main Street, Little Thetford

Round House, Little Thetford

War Memorial, The Wyches, Little Thetford

Little Thetford Data

April Cottage, 6 Main Street, Little Thetford