Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A black-and-white view of a street in Littleport with a tall, peaked chapel building and several shops lining the sidewalk.

High Street, Littleport c.1915

St John, Methodist Chapel, Littleport

History of Methodist Chapel

The railings of the Methodist Chapel can be seen on the right of the picture. The foundation stone was laid by Charles W Selwyn MP in 1889. The grocer’s shop next to the chapel was owned by Sampson Spooner in 1915.

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

24 Main Street, Littleport

116 – 114 Victoria Street, Littleport

16 & 18 Victoria Street, Littleport

Harley Monument, Littleport

38 Victoria Street, Littleport

Brewery House, 6 Granby Street, Littleport

Main Street, Littleport

Sandhill Bridge, Littleport

27 & 29 Main Street, Littleport

7a Victoria Street, Littleport