Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A street scene with a horse-drawn cart in the foreground and figures walking along a row of buildings beside a large tree.

The Crown, Main Street, Littleport c.1900

The Crown, Littleport

History of The Crown

In the photo the baker is delivering bread to the Crown public house c.1900. The old house next to the Crown is Meader House, home of Herbert G Martin, later occupied by the Capital and Counties Bank.


1902

A dense crowd of people wearing hats and period clothing fills a narrow street lined with shops decorated with Union Jacks.

Coronation Parade 9th August 1902, Littleport

The parade assembled at Crown corner and marched along Main Street to the bottom of Granby Street.

The cream-colored, two-story facade of The Crown pub featuring black-framed windows, a brown tiled roof, and street signs.

The Crown Littleport (RGL2025)

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

Alderton House, Wellington Street, Littleport

19 & 21 Victoria Street, Littleport

Cave’s farm, Littleport

8 Globe Lane, Littleport

Wellington Street, Littleport

17 Main Street, Littleport

38 Victoria Street, Littleport

23 Main Street, Littleport

56 Victoria Street, Littleport

14 Wellington Street, Littleport