Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A view down Granby Street with brick buildings on both sides, a figure standing on the left pavement, and two in the road.

Granby Street, Littleport c.1910

Town Hall, Granby Street, Littleport

History of Town Hall

1879 Town Hall and two alms houses built by Trustees of the Town Lands’ Charity. On the west side were Frederick Davis, jeweller; E M Cheeseright, men’s clothier; George Cheeseright, rate collector; Robert Wilson Palmer, butcher; and Edward Luddington, blacksmith.

Gothic-style brown brick corner building with a central clock, pointed gables, and a doorway boarded over with plain wood.

Town Hall / Library, Granby Street, Littleport (RGL2025)

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

Black Horse Drove, Littleport

Chapel, 15 Victoria Street, Littleport

18 Wellington Street, Littleport

Sandhill Bridge, Victoria Street, Littleport

7a Victoria Street, Littleport

The Hythe, Littleport

4 – 10 White Hart Lane, Littleport

Parson’s Lane, Littleport

5 Victoria Street, Littleport

Main Street, Littleport