Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Coates
  • Back Forward
Two adjacent white buildings with thatched roofs and a central vertical pole, seen from the street in a tinted monochrome.

New Crown, Whittlesey

New Crown, High Causeway, Whittlesey

History of the New Crown

A black and white Ordnance Survey map detail showing buildings and streets in Whittlesey, with New Crown P.H. labelled.

Whittlesey OS 1900

1830 William Joyce (Arnold Street, old name)

1839 William Brown (High Causeway)

1841 William Brown, Ann and four children

1875 Robert Flatt

1883 Ann Flatt

1905 John Sinclair Everitt

1912 George Coxall landlord, owner Mr and Mrs A Bull

1922 George Biggerdike

Cecil F Popely

1930s Sidney Arthur Drake


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Coates

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Coates

66 Hills Road, The House of Commons, (34), Cambridge

Cross Keys, Trumpington Road, 9 Saxon Street & Gothic Cottage

The Crown, Earith

Holy Trinity, Coates

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

War memorial, Coates

The Falcon, Beggars Bridge, Coates

The Vine, Coates

The Bottle and Glass, Coates