Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Coates
  • Back Forward
A two-storey inn with a tall signpost reading Falcon Inn Soames stands beside a light-coloured car parked on a dirt lane.

History of the Falcon, Beggars Bridge, Coates 1940

The Falcon, Beggars Bridge, Coates

History of The Falcon

1886 Ordnance Survey map showing the junction of a road, a canal, and a railway line near Beggars Bridge and The Falcon.

Coates OS 1886

1846 Falcon built

1851 John Neal

1866 John’s widow

1871 Rebecca Barrett, widowed daughter

1879 John and Mary Carter

1881 Algernon Royds Bentley

1883 Thomas Grey

1886 Mary Boyce

1892 Edward and Isabel Setchfield

Pig Club founded

Joseph and Sarah Tyers

1912 Robert Wotton


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Coates

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Coates

Green Man Public House, East Street, Colne

Railway Vue (View), 163 Station Road, Impington

73 Catharine Street, Jubilee Tavern, Cambridge

The Bottle and Glass, Coates

War memorial, Coates

Holy Trinity, Coates

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

The Vine, Coates

New Crown, High Causeway, Whittlesey