Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Coates
  • Back Forward
A street scene in Whittlesey featuring a brick building on the right, a horse-drawn cart, and several figures on the road.

The Old Gorge, Queen Street, Whittlesey 1900

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

History of the Old George

Black and white Ordnance Survey map fragment showing a dense layout of hatched building footprints and Queen's Street.

Whittlesey OS 1900

1839 Mary Manning

1861 James Hughes

1864 Three Tuns, formerly the Old George: Mary Ann Poole

1874 Old George. James Henson owner

Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Coates
  • Whittlesey

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Coates

Painters Lane, Sutton

24 High Street, White Horse Inn, Reach

White Horse Inn, Market Street, Swavesey

The Bottle and Glass, Coates

Holy Trinity, Coates

The Vine, Coates

War memorial, Coates

The Falcon, Beggars Bridge, Coates

New Crown, High Causeway, Whittlesey