Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Coates
  • Back Forward
Aerial view of a street featuring a cluster of traditional buildings, some with thatched roofs, and a larger open yard area.

The Bottle and Glass, Coates

The Bottle and Glass, Coates

History of the Bottle and Glass

A detail from an 1885 Ordnance Survey map showing plots, buildings, and labels for Coates village including a corn mill.

Coates OS 1885

A monochrome print showing a thatched cottage with a picket fence, dormer windows, a bay window, and a prominent pub sign.

The Bottle and Glass, Coates

1822 Benjamin Blunt

1858 John Blunt

1864 Ann Blunt

1881 John Blunt

1896 John Bedford

1901 Laxton Bedford

1904 David Gilbey

1920s Harry Cook

1940s Mary Ann Cook

1950 Charles William Neal


Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Coates

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Coates

The Rose and Crown, Tamarind, High Street, Teversham

Over Mill

Duke’s Arms, 7 The Broadway, St Ives

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

New Crown, High Causeway, Whittlesey

War memorial, Coates

Holy Trinity, Coates

The Vine, Coates

The Falcon, Beggars Bridge, Coates