Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A brick building with arched windows and signs reading Electric Theatre sits on a cobblestone street with people on the path.

Electric cinema, Wisbech c1920

Electric Theatre, Norfolk Street, Wisbech

History of Electric Theatre

A 1925 Ordnance Survey map extract showing the layout of streets and buildings in Wisbech, including a Picture Theatre.

Wisbech OS 1925

1910 T H Cooper built first cinema

Renamed Regent then Onyx

1941 bombed and demolished

Car park

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Marshland (Norwich Street), Wisbech

6 Market Place, Wisbech

Baptist Church, Ely Place, Wisbech

54 North Brink, Wisbech

Elgood and Sons, Brewery, 69 – 72 North Brink, Wisbech

38 & 39 Market Place, Wisbech

27 Old Market, Wisbech

The King’s Head, Old Market, Wisbech

4 Clarkson Avenue, Wisbech

54 Market Place, Wisbech