Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A monochrome drawing shows sailing vessels moored along a stone embankment lined with multi-story buildings and a pub sign.

Half Moon, Nene Quay, Wisbech c1854 (Samuel Smith)

Half Moon, Nene Quay, Wisbech

History of the Half Moon

1840 Simon Hardy

1846 Susan Slater

1848 Richard Slater charged with allowing persons of disreputable character to assemble in pub 6th June 1848. Convicted fined 40s.

1855 George Reed

1856 John Stoving

(source The Inns and Taverns of Wisbech – a survey from the earliest times to 1950 by Arthur Artis Oldham, 1993)

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Live and Let Live, King Street, Over

The Three Horseshoes, Mill Street, Gamlingay

Crown Inn, 10 Mill Street, Isleham

Wesleyan Chapel, The Crescent, Wisbech

28 North Brink, Wisbech

32 Old Market, Wisbech

Congregational Chapel, Castle Square, Wisbech

5 The Crescent, Wisbech

4 The Crescent, Wisbech

Heights Corner, Norfolk Street, Wisbech

6 Union Place, Wisbech

The Anchor, 8 Nene Quay, Wisbech

The Ferry Boat, 87 Norfolk Street, Wisbech